Our social media pack will help you promote the summer phase of the It Starts With Me campaign on your social media channels. The summer activity launched on Wednesday 19 June 2019.
Once again we are raising awareness and promoting actions of the various ways to prevent HIV such as condoms, testing, PrEP and treatment using a creative with a summery feel to it, refreshed from last year.
The tagline for the summer activity is ‘I’m stopping HIV.’. Under the tagline, an explanation of how each of the models is stopping HIV is outlined.
The people featured in the campaign images and videos are a mixture of people living with and without HIV.
Our social media hashtag is #ImStoppingHIV
Hashtags are not case sensitive so using #imstoppinghiv would work as well – we’ve just used capitals to make it easier to read what the hashtag is about.
What’s in the pack?
Images: a selection of images for use on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any another social network.
Links: to information on the various ways of preventing HIV. There are links to interactive tools that:
- Recommend the best condom to use,
- assess when someone should get tested,
- help to choose a type of test based on preference and suitability,
- help to find local testing services.
Suggested posts: examples of posts for Facebook and Instagram as well as tweets for Twitter.
Share these YouTube videos via your social media channel:
- Choose the best condom for you [animation]
- PrEP is a pill that stops HIV [animation]
- The different ways to stop HIV [animation]
- Choose what works for you
Download to share via your own channels and use in clinics and waiting rooms:
- Choose the best condom for you [Animation]
- Instagram story: Choose the best condom for you [Animation]
- PrEP is a pill that stops HIV [Animation]
- Instagram story: PrEP is a pill that stops HIV [Animation]
- The different ways to stop HIV [Animation]
- Instagram story: The different ways to stop HIV [Animation]
- Choose what works for you
- Choose what works for you [Square frame]
Images for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter can be downloaded via Dropbox.
If you’re unable to access Dropbox at your place or work please contact us to request zip files of our digital assets.
Suggested tweets and posts with links to the It Starts With Me online tools can be downloaded here [DOCX]
Calls to action
Learn: we want people to understand the different ways to prevent HIV and why they are important.
Make a choice: we want people to choose how they reduce the chance of getting HIV by:
- choosing the right fitting condom,
- finding out if they need to get tested for HIV, where to do it and the different ways they can via the tools on our website,
- understanding what PrEP is, how it works and how to access it,
- encouraging people living with HIV to access and adhere to treatment for health benefits for themselves and for the added advantage of not having to worry about passing it on to anyone else.
Educate: share the information from the campaign messages with friends, family and on social media.