Applications to become a Local Activation Partner (LAP) for the HPE programme open today – 13 July 2016. LAPs will provide local activity to support the It Starts With Me campaign and National HIV Testing Week.
The activity will target men who have sex with men (MSM) and Black African (BA) communities.
The activity will fall into two categories:
- Face-to-face/outreach interventions.
- Point-of-care HIV testing.
Applications will be accepted from voluntary sector organisations in England. In areas where there is not a voluntary sector organisation, applications will be considered from statutory service providers.
Please email email@example.com to receive the application pack.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday 10 August 2016.
We ran an event on Monday 9 May inviting key stakeholders from across the HIV prevention sector. Attendees were presented with the future plans for the programme and discussed HPE’s future plans for local delivery, including what funding is available and how to get involved. Sixty-three people attended and the afternoon covered:
- reflections on the previous four years of HIV Prevention England
- an overview of the national HIV prevention programme going forward, how organisations can get involved and what funding opportunities are available.
- how the programme can best support local HIV prevention services and add value
- input on the development of the campaign and the sector development programme.
Yusef Azad from National AIDS Trust presented on the developments in HIV prevention since 2012, and Taku Mukiwa and Cary James from Terrence Higgins Trust presented on HPE’s achievements since 2012 and plans for going forward from 2016.
A report on the event, along with presentations from the day, can be found below: