On Tuesday 14 November The GMI Partnership, a consortium of three charities, (Positive East, METRO and Spectra) will be launching National HIV Testing Week with a large-scale rapid workplace HIV testing initiative.
Tideway is a huge construction project, located near Vauxhall, upgrading London’s infrastructure with approximately 1,000 people on site. Tideway is getting involved with National HIV Testing Week by providing workplace HIV testing alongside the GMI Partnership.
The GMI Partnership will be providing a range of services on the day, including:
- Confidential rapid HIV testing.
- Information and resources on sexual health and services available across London (as well as free STI screens if requested).
- Linking people with sexual health clinics for those who want extra support.
- Referrals to clinics for those testing reactive or needing emergency post exposure prophylaxis (PEP) treatment.
- Information about how to access pre exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), including the PrEP Impact trial.
- Free condoms and lubricant.
- Referrals into counselling services for those worried about the risks they are taking with their sexual health.
- Promoting the HIV support services we provide across the GMI Partnership partner agencies.
The GMI Partnership is committed to reducing the onward transmission of HIV, and stopping the stigma that can surround testing.
For more information on this and other National HIV Testing Week events by The GMI Partnership visit their website.