The summer phase of the It Starts With Me campaign will start on Monday 18 June 2018.
We have the tools to stop HIV
The focus of the summer campaign phase will be on raising awareness and promoting actions to take on the various ways to prevent HIV: testing, condoms, pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and treatment.
The campaign aims to:
- promote awareness and adoption of condom use, treatment as prevention, pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) and HIV testing,
- challenge HIV stigma by sharing real stories of people living with and affected by HIV who demonstrate how the different aspects of combination prevention is stopping HIV,
- encourage individuals to find the right options for themselves.
The campaign will be delivered mainly via online and print advertising.
If you would like to know more about this phase of the campaign please have a look at our Summer Campaign Briefing [PDF].
The briefing will provide you with:
- A summary of the campaign activities.
- How you can get involved.
- What support we can provide to you to amplify the campaign in your area.
- What combination prevention is and why it’s important.
We have created a number of new resources for the campaign including posters and leaflets. The look and feel of the campaign is bright, fun and summery. The resources feature individuals who are playing their part in stopping HIV by using the different prevention methods.
Coming soon: We will also be providing a social media pack with images, video and suggested social media posts to help you promote the summer campaign.
Remember to sign up to our newsletter to get the latest updates from HIV Prevention England.