This year we are putting a spotlight on increasing testing among trans people as part of the National HIV Testing Week campaign.
This is particularly important because globally trans people experience higher rates of HIV prevalence, and are more vulnerable to getting HIV compared to other groups. General health services may not meet the needs of trans people due to lack of awareness of trans health issues or cultural insensitivities. There is also a scarcity of specialist services.
To support a trans-inclusive National HIV Testing Week, we will be hosting an informative webinar for health professionals who provide services for trans people and the general population.
The session will cover:
- an overview of trans health and HIV issues
- real-life experiences of trans people
- clinical perspectives on providing trans-inclusive services
- practical information on how to promote a trans-inclusive service
- tools, further information and referral options.
It will be held on Tuesday 7 November from 12.00pm to 1.30pm.
This session will be delivered in partnership with CliniQ, ClinicT, The LGBT Foundation and Yorkshire Mesmac. Special thanks to CliniQ for driving this initiative.