Award-winning HIV prevention resources
To support the It Starts With Me and National HIV Testing Week campaigns, we provide free HIV prevention resources to all organisations in England engaged in HIV prevention.
In September 2017, our resources won the British Medical Association (BMA) Patient Information Awards for Patient Resource of the Year and a Special Award for Innovation.
If you would like to use these resources in your HIV prevention work, they can be accessed through our portal.
Our resources include:
- Double-sided A4 posters, including posters to promote local testing services.
- Leaflets on HIV testing and condoms.
- Interactive outreach resources including scratch cards and peel and reveal cards.
- Short film clips (African, MSM and generic versions) for use on social media, in clinics and venues, explaining the role of testing and treatment in stopping HIV.
- Stickers, condom packs and other promotional merchandise
Summer campaign 2018
Our summer campaign launches on Monday 18 June 2018. Summertime provides plenty of opportunities to engage with our target groups, especially with the many LGBT+ Prides, cultural festivals and celebrations taking place across England.
In addition to the resources we provide, a number of tools are used to engage target communities and HIV sector professionals in our campaigns:
- The website www.startswithme.org.uk – with tools to help individuals decide when to test, which test to use, where to test and which condoms to use.
- Target communities are engaged with through our @startswith_me twitter account, the Facebook pages startswithmeuk for Africans, and startswithme for men who have sex with men (MSM).
- Adverts on Facebook, UK African and gay websites and direct messaging to members of gay dating sites and apps.
- Outdoor advertising (on and around public transport) in areas with high concentrations of Africans or MSM.
- Adverts in national and regional gay and African press.
- Health and community professionals working in HIV prevention are engaged through our NationalHIVTestingWeek Facebook page and @HIVPreventionEn twitter account.